- Hendricks Power Cooperative - Engineering
- Avon, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Hendricks Power offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, retirement and 401(k).
Hendricks Power Cooperative is now accepting applications for the position of Distribution Designer in Avon, Indiana. Hendricks Power is a rural electric cooperative seeking to fill this position on our engineering team which focuses on distributing electric service to members in four counties. The Distribution Designer is responsible for designing and staking single and multi-phase overhead and underground electrical distribution lines. This is position includes work inside the office, and outdoors in all weather conditions.
Utilize GIS based staking software and GPS unit to create staking sheets and work orders; prepare and maintain necessary documentation for permits, joint use facilities, easements and underground releases; conduct field checks; meet with new and existing members, builders, developers, electricians, and engineering firms to determine electrical power requirements; and adhere to RUS design specifications and NESC requirements.
Preferred candidates will possess the qualifications listed below.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or GED required
- Associates degree in related field required
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred
- 3-4 Years of relative work experience required
- Positive customer service experience required
- Strong exposure to various computer software required
- Formal training or certification in AutoCAD, distribution line design and staking preferred
- Knowledge of RUS design specifications and NESC requirements preferred
- Knowledge of or training in GIS preferred
Personal & Position Qualifications
- Must have the physical ability to work inside an office environment and sit at a desk to handle phone calls, perform various computer work, talk with the general public, members, and co-workers.
- Must be physically able to work outdoors in all weather conditions and walk on various terrain.
- Must be able to write and speak English.
- Must have a high level of grammar, spelling, and proofreading capabilities with organizational and file construction/retrieval skills.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with management, employees, members, and others.
- Must be detailed oriented and able to meet project deadlines.
- Must demonstrate professionalism with a strong work ethic.
- Must have the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license.
This is an exciting opportunity for an organized, people-person with a high level of initiative. Standard office hours are 7:30am – 4:30pm Monday through Friday.
Interested and potentially qualified applicants apply at https://www.hendrickspower.com/About-Us/Employment by November 22, 2019. No phone calls please. If you have any questions, you may email email@example.com.