- Hendricks Power Cooperative - Operations
- Avon, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Hendricks Power offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, retirement and 401(k).
Hendricks Power Cooperative is now accepting applications for the position of Journeyman Lineman in Avon, Indiana. Hendricks Power is a rural electric cooperative seeking a Journeyman Lineman to fill this position on the operations team which focuses on distributing electric service to members in 4 counties.
This is an exciting opportunity for a results-oriented, logical, organized, people-person who likes to work as part of a team environment. This is a bargaining unit position that requires some evening and weekend work.
The major responsibilities include performing the line maintenance, construction, and service functions of the Hendricks Power electric system while observing safety regulations. You will provide members with a reliable source of energy that is available when needed.
Preferred candidates will possess the qualifications listed below.
Education & Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Successful completion of a recognized apprentice program of at least 4 years.
• Minimum 4 years of progressive experience in electric system line construction, operation and maintenance as an apprentice is preferred.
• Electric Cooperative work experience preferred.
• Knowledge of the Rural Utilities Service Specifications and Guidelines, substations, switching devices, transformer banks, oil circuit breakers, voltage regulators, line fuses, line currents, and voltage levels.
Personal & Position Qualifications:
• Must hold a valid Indiana Class "A" Commercial Driver's License.
• Must have the physical ability to perform duties required which include but are not limited to working outside in all weather conditions, manually dig holes for utility poles, lifting objects up to 100lbs, flagging traffic, walking on all types of terrain, and clearing right-of-way of trees.
• Ability to understand and follow cooperative maps, cooperative safety manual, work orders, staking sheets and any type of cooperative forms related to work being performed.
• Must be certified in CPR and First Aid.
• Must demonstrate initiative and good judgement in decision making.
• Must have the ability to read, write and understand sequential processes.
• Must meet residency requirements within one year of hire date.
• Must have a good mechanical aptitude to apply craft techniques, processes and principles.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively with management, employees, members, and others.
• Must be able to work effectively on a daily basis with a variety of individuals.
• Must be able to execute service and work orders and perform the complicated line construction and maintenance work on energized secondaries and on dead primary conductor structures and equipment in accordance with approved specifications.
• Must perform the complicated work on energized primary conductors and equipment instruction and training.
• Must carry out service and work order assignments, interpret staking sheets, and prepare daily time sheets, material tickets, and field and inspection reports.
• Must adhere to bucket weight limits and participate in bucket truck and pole top rescue training.
• Perform "service watch" duty assignments as a condition of employment when scheduled and which is required to maintain continuity of service after regular working hours and on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays observed by Cooperative.
• Perform any other tasks or duties assigned in order to meet the Department and Cooperative objectives.
Interested and potentially qualified applicants apply at https://www.hendrickspower.com/About-Us/Employment. No phone calls please. If you have any questions, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org.