Human Resources Assistant
- Hendricks Power Cooperative - Human Resources
- Avon, IN, USA
- Based on Experience
- Full Time
- Hendricks Power offers a competitive benefit package
Hendricks Power Cooperative in Avon, Indiana is now accepting applications for the position of Human Resources Assistant. Hendricks Power is a rural electric cooperative which focuses on distributing electric service to members in 4 counties. This is an exciting opportunity for a detailed-oriented, problem solver, good listener, self-starter, highly organized, friendly person who enjoys working in a team environment.
The major responsibilities include providing assistance to the HR department including the coordination of the benefit open enrollment process, administering workers compensation claims and required recordkeeping, maintaining accurate I-9's, and assisting in the hiring process and onboarding of new employees. This person will also be responsible for performing the cooperative's payroll process, associated tax reports and filings, including yearly W-2's and ACA 1094/1095 filing.
Preferred candidates will possess the qualifications listed below.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor of Science in a related field preferred (Business Administration, Human Resources Management, etc.)
- Experience working directly in the field of HR preferred
- Experience with payroll processing and administrative work preferred
- Knowledge of fundamental human resource practices including but not limited to employee personnel files, workers compensation, legal responsibilities, benefits, onboarding, hiring, and employee policies preferred.
Personal & Position Qualifications:
- Must have the physical ability to work inside a deadline-oriented office environment and sit for extended periods of time and operate computer work station, interact frequently with others, both in person and through phone, email, and written correspondence.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English and have strong interpersonal and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with management, employees, members, customers, and others.
- Must have a high level of grammar, spelling, and proofreading capabilities.
- Must have a high level of math skills and be able to perform financial and payroll calculations.
- Must have above average detail orientation and ability to ensure accuracy of information for self.
- Must be able to work effectively daily, with patience and respect, with a variety of individuals.
- Must be able to work, organize and manage several tasks simultaneously.
- Must be highly organized and able to meet project deadlines.
- Must have ability to maintain confidentiality.
Interested and potentially qualified applicants apply by Friday July 21, 2019 at: https://www.hendrickspower.com/About-Us/Employment. Please include resume and cover letter. No Phone Calls Please. If you have questions, you may email email@example.com.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts