- Hendricks Power Cooperative - Marketing
- Avon , IN, USA
- Full Time
- Hendricks Power offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, retirement and 401(k).
Hendricks Power Cooperative in Avon, Indiana is now accepting applications for the position of Energy Advisor. Hendricks Power is a rural electric cooperative which focuses on distributing electric service to members in four counties. This is an exciting opportunity for a detailed-oriented, problem solver, good listener, self-starter, highly organized, friendly person who enjoys working in a team environment.
The major responsibilities include performing energy efficiency audits to the cooperative members and provide information based on the findings of the audits to help members improve their energy usage. This person will also perform the electrical safety program with local schools and provide energy saving tips to the community.
Preferred candidates will possess the qualifications listed below.
Education & Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Associate degree or Formal Trade school preferred
• BPI (Building Performance Institute/Building Analyst) certification preferred
• 3+ years of experience with customer service
• 3+ years of experience/knowledge with construction preferred
• Knowledge of electrical and HVAC equipment, wiring, building principles, building performance standards, schematics, diagrams and blue prints.
• 3+ years of experience within the electrical utility industry preferred.
• Must have and maintain a valid driver's license
Personal & Position Qualifications:
• Must have the physical ability to work inside a deadline-oriented office environment and sit for extended periods of time and operate computer work station, interact frequently with others, both in person and through phone, email, and written correspondence.
• Must have the physical ability to push, pull, lift, carry, and move up to 30 pounds.
• Must have the physical ability to work indoors, climb ladders and enter crawl spaces and attics in various environments.
• Must have the physical ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions including inclement weather, extreme temperatures.
• Must be able to walk on various terrains and be exposed to loud noises, dirt/dust, fumes/odors both indoors and outdoors.
• Must be able to frequently operate a vehicle and drive safely throughout the cooperative's territory.
• Must safely operate machinery and equipment used to perform energy audits.
• Must be able to read, write and speak English and have strong interpersonal and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively with management, employees, members, customers, and others.
• Must have a high level of grammar, spelling, and proofreading capabilities.
• Must have a high level of math skills and be able to perform financial and payroll calculations.
• Must have above average detail orientation and ability to ensure accuracy of information for self.
• Must be able to work effectively daily, with patience and respect, with a variety of individuals.
• Must be able to work, organize and manage several tasks simultaneously.
• Must be highly organized and able to meet project deadlines.
• Must have ability to maintain confidentiality.
Interested and potentially qualified applicants apply by Monday, October 7, 2019 at: https://www.hendrickspower.com/About-Us/Employment. Please include resume and cover letter. No Phone Calls Please. If you have questions, you may email email@example.com.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts